Parish Sponsored Organizations:
- NORWOOD GIRL SCOUTS: Norwood Girl Scouts is part of the Patriots Trail Council, which is a multicultural organization. Patriots Trail exists to meet the unique needs of girls and to help them grow into caring and confident young women. Girl Scout programs are contemporary and designed to deepen awareness of self and others, to build self-esteem and self-reliance, and to increase young girls’ abilities to succeed in the world and make a positive impact on the community. Girl Scouts is open to all girls in grades K-12.
- ST. CATHERINE OF SIENA CUB SCOUTS: St. Catherine of Siena Cub Scout Pack 49 is open for new scouts all year long. Any boy in grades 1-5 (ages 7-10) can join. For fifty years Cub Scouts Pack 49 Norwood has been helping parents teach their sons how to make good decisions throughout their lives and give them confidence as they become the adult leaders of tomorrow. Activities include: Pinewood Derby, Scout Rocket Picnic, Chuckwagon Derby, Memorial Day Parade, Fourth of July Float, Norwood Food Pantry Collections, Overnights, Pawtucket Red Sox, USS Salem, Science Museum, and much more. For more information, email Norwoodcubpack49 (at) gmail.com.
- ST. CATHERINE OF SIENA BOY SCOUTS: St. Catherine of Siena Boy Scout Troop 49 is open for boys from 11 to 18 years of age. We meet every Wednesday from 7pm – 8:30pm in the Scout Room of the parish convent. The three aims of the Boy Scouts are: growth in moral strength & character, participation in citizenship, and the development of physical, mental & emotional fitness. Some of the trips the Troop went on this past year were: camping, deep sea fishing, hiking, canoeing and wilderness survival. For more information, contact Mr. Cliff Firth at fcharlesccfl (at) aol.com or call 508-660-9610.
- KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to practicing Catholic men in union with the Holy See, who are at least 18 years old. A practical Catholic is one who lives up to the Commandments of God and the precepts of the Church. The candidate takes part in initiation degrees that explain the Knights of Columbus’ four principles: Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. Knights of Columbus have a proud heritage. The qualified Catholic man can share in this heritage and build for an even greater future by affiliating himself with this forceful, effective fraternal organization. For more information, please call the Norwood Council at: 781-762-9871.
- LEGION OF MARY (Our Lady Comforter of the Afflicted Praesidium): The Legion of Mary is an organization of the lay apostolate of Catholic men and women with the sanction of the Church under the powerful leadership of Mary Immaculate who undertake various apostolic works. There are two types of membership: the active member who attends weekly meetings and does two hours of apostolic work each week, and the auxiliary or praying member who recites daily the Rosary and the prayers of the Legion. Types of work may be assisting the parish in visiting the sick in homes, nursing homes and patients in the hospital.
- NOCTURNAL ADORATION SOCIETY: This international society of men & women are committed to adore Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament one hour each month. Prayers during the hour deepen the exereince of one’s communion with Christ Eucharistic, as he continues his self-offering and saving influence and help the adorer to live more consciously and actively the full significance of the Eucharist as the sacrament of charity and unity for the Church and the world. Members gather on the Third Wednesday of each month from 8-9 pm or 9-10 pm before the Blessed Sacrament Exposed here at St. Catherine of Siena Church. All are welcome to come!